Saturday, March 15, 2014

Jamie Dornan's interview with The Evening Standard

The Evening Standard has a new interview with Jamie Dornan to promote his new mini series, New Worlds. He discusses modeling, acting and Fifty Shades of Grey.

On brushes with the paparazzi while dating British actress Keira Knightley:
"It was a strange environment to find yourself in, being hounded and followed. It’s really hideous. Fuckiing hell, [the paparazzi] are cretins. I couldn’t have less respect for those guys. There are so many ways to make a living that don’t involve hiding in bushes opposite houses of 18-year-old girls with a camera in your hand. That’s not making a living, that’s making a choice to be a perverted fuckhead."
And on modeling, his primary gig back then:
"It's never given me a thrill... [but] it would take a very foolish man to turn down the stuff that was offered to me. You’re in your twenties, and people are going to give you a silly amount of money to lean against a wall with your head down. F*** me, you’ve got to do it."
On failed auditions as he transitioned into acting:
"Some of them [were] totally humiliating experiences... People attach too much to the idea of being a model, that you can only be a certain way to have done it. You will always be dealing with it. You’re an actor who used to be a model who never trained; there are not many directors queuing up."
And on his breakout performance, as a serial killer in British drama The Fall:
"I worked my dick off for that role."
Speaking of, on that role, Dornan says:
"I’ve never felt that Christian needs to be some kind of monster... I certainly don’t fear [the character]. I already got a glimpse into working with Sam at the test, and I’d met Dakota by then. So I had an idea of how I felt it would be if I got the part. None of it scared me."
Then, for comparison's sake, what his friends thought of the role:
"A friend of mine said, 'I heard about Fifty Shades. Congratulations on the role. That’s going to be disgusting. I won’t watch it.'"

via: cosmopolitan

No comments:

Post a Comment