Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Transcript for Jamie Dornan's Details Magazine Interview

Jamie: "I presume I'm part of the sequel. No one's told me otherwise. Are you telling me that I'm recast?" Jamie jokes about Fifty Shades of Grey with Details Magazine.

The hardest thing about shooting Fifty Shades of Grey?
Jamie: I guess the hardest thing about filming Fifty Shades of Grey was just the amount of interest from my side. There's so many people who've read this book and it means so much to them. There's a sense of that on set and Sam, our director, who's amazing and active making it feel that wasn't affecting us and just let it feel like a normal job and just approach it like any other film. So that was pretty helpful.

How did you get in shape for the role?
Jamie: Yeah, I mean Christian Grey's character is sort of, is pretty obsessive about staying in shape and exercising, big part of who he is so we had to work on that. But I came into the game quite late with it so I probably would have liked a little bit more time to sort of get into peak shape but we did what we could do with the time we had.

Is there any way to prepare for the onslaught of interest this film will generate?
Jamie: I don't think you can do anything to prepare for whatever the reaction is to the film. I mean you can't set up sand bags, stay indoors. I mean I don't know I don't think you can prepare for it.

Can you tell us what to expect in season 2 of The Fall?
Jamie: Yeah, I mean I guess there's always a thing with a second series if something has been hit good you try to give the audience more, something different. So it has to develop it has to move on from what we saw in the first one. So and with Spector in the first series you see more of the act and the second series is more like why he acts that way and why he is the way he is.

How will fans react to the new season?
Jamie: I think they'll be pleased. I hope they won't be disappointed and they'll potentially be a little bit confused.

How do you unwind?
Jamie: I'm just like regular people. I like a bit of drinks with friends, go out to dinner, play golf. Not fun for a lot of people, not really fun for me. I don't know why I do it but yeah just regular stuff really.

No comments:

Post a Comment